Crispy on the outside, plump and juicy on the inside, these Boneless Chicken Wings make the perfect picnic food.
Today the Sunday Supper movement community is sharing fantastic picnic recipes with all of you. Our host this week is TR of Gluten Free Crumbly.
When I was a little girl mom and dad loved taking us kids on picnics. We picnicked practically every single Sunday all summer long. They were marathon picnics. Dad would pack us into the station wagon, loaded with food and drinks and drive about 45 minutes south of San Francisco to Rengstorff Park in sunny Mountain View. Our family, along with 3 or 4 other families, would arrive at the park mid morning and stay until the sun was about to set.
Picnic tables filled with all kinds of food and beverages. My cousins and I would spend the day at the pool. As we grew a bit older, we focused more on our tans rather that swimming, but we all loved meeting back up at the picnic tables to eat with our families and share all the goodness our mom’s brought. All the dad would man the barbecue’s filled with chicken, hot dogs and burgers.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into one inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup crushed fried onions
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- In a small bowl, add the milk and set aside.
- In a separate shallow bowl, combine the crushed fried onions, the cheese and the arrowroot. Set aside.
- Dip each chicken piece in the milk and then the crumb mixture.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the oil
- Fry the chicken about 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces
- Can be served hot, room temp or cold.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
Take a look at all the great recipe ideas we have so you can make your picnic picture perfect.
- Caprese Skewers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa with Southwest Style Chips by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Dip, with Greek Yogurt by Casa de Crews
- Mediterranean Spiced Hummus by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Pepperoni Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Watermelon Salad by annaDishes
- Blackberry Lemonade by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Mojito Mocktails by NeighborFood
- Grandma’s Stuff by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Minty Cardinal Punch by Food Lust People Love
- Pineapple Ginger Lemonade Spiked with Turmeric by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sangria Punch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade by Noshing With The Nolands
- Avocado Sriracha Egg Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Barbecue Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Boneless Chicken Wings by Nosh My Way
- Burger Ice Cream by Brunch with Joy
- Chicken Salad Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Spanish tortilla by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Salad by Flour On My Face
- Buffalo Macaroni Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Couscous Veggie Salad with Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Granola Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Style Asparagus Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- No Mayo Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Tangy Brussels Coleslaw with Fennel, Chopped Apples and Golden Raisins by Simply Healthy Family
Soups and Salads:
- Barley and Rice Salad by Family Foodie
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Dried Cranberries by Food Done Light
- Layered Mason Jar Pasta Salad for Two by The Weekend Gourmet
- Smoked Turkey Salad by Our Good Life
- Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Bacon-Bulleit Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fudgey Coca Cola Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Earth Day Cupcakes by Savory Experiments
- Gluten Free Cookie Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Lime Pound Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Lemon Yuzu Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Lemon Chess Pies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- No-Bake Cookie Butter Chex Mix Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Peanut Butter Bars by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peanut Butter Carob Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sourdough Chunk Cookies by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.