Dad’s Crispy Potatoes are perfectly cooked. The outside is crisp
I don’t make potatoes often, but dad would treat us to his special potato dish. We would literally stand by him and steal the potatoes as they cooked even before he had a chance to finish his dish. He often added fava beans, but us kids enjoyed them with just the potatoes and eggs.
I had the pleasure of touring the best potato factory just outside of Bakersfield, California. Tasteful Selections has taken the potato and created some fantastic selections.
I am a French fry fiend. If they are in front of me, I will eat them like there is no tomorrow. When I visited the farm, it brought back memories of my childhood. Mom did all the cooking, except Dad loved to barbecue and enjoyed making breakfast for the family on Sunday’s. On the rare occasion, he would treat us to his crispy potatoes with a scrambled egg.
Following dad’s method really gives these pan-fried potatoes the crispy, crunchy and fluffiness you love. I loved using baby potatoes because the skin is so thin you don’t need to peel them and they cooks quickly.
- 1 bag of Tasteful Selections Honey Gold potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Slice the potatoes
- Let soak for 5-10 minutes in salted ice water
- Drain well and pat dry
- Heat oil in a skillet on high heat until shimmering and almost smoking
- Add potatoes and let fry for 2 minutes.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to medium
- Allow to steam for about 2 minutes
- Remove cover and turn the heat back up to high
- Dump the pan of potatoes into a colander over the sink to remove excess oil and moisture –return them to the pan
- Add the garlic and fry, stirring occasionally, until done.
- Do not cover at this stage of frying because they will get soggy
- Add the egg at the very end of cooking and scramble into the potato
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.