This succulent Slow Cooker Pork with Beans Stew shows how a little TLC can transform a humble cut of meat into a tender masterpiece.
Don’t you think that certain foods get a bad rap in the kitchen? Enter the bean. Beans are not the most glamorous ingredient, in my humble opinion. Well unless, of course, they are jelly beans. But we won’t go there will we!
Are you a beanie baby?
- [b]Spice Rub: [/b]
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt with truffles
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, visible fat removed
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce) can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups bok choy or kale, chopped
- Prepare the spice rub by combining the chili powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Rub over the pork shoulder and set aside.
- Place the sliced garlic in the slow cooker
- Place the pork on top of the garlic.
- Pour the stock over the meat. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and break up the meat into large chunks.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beans and bok choy or kale. Cook for another hour.
The Sunday Supper Movement is sharing many ways to cook with beans. Our hostess is Tammi of Momma’s Meals
Do you enjoy cooking with and eating beans? Check out these Beantastic recipes:
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Black Bean Chili Nachos by Brunch with Joy
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Greek Layer Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
- Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Beans and Greens by Simply Healthy Family
- Kielbasa and White Bean Soup by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Slow Cooker Navy Bean Soup with Ham by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Pork with Beans Stew by Nosh My Way
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gold Rush Baked Beans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
- Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Black-Eyed Pea Ragout with Frisée and an Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Colombian Red beans – Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orecchiette Pasta with Greens and Beans by Delaware Girl Eats
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coco-Cacao Bean Green Smoothie by Dandelion Greens
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.