This versatile Crustless Bacon and Bok Choy Quiche goes from brunch buffet to dinner table in a snap.
Life is like a quiche. A mosaic of flavors never knowing what you are going to end up with. It’s a blank canvas ready to be filled with your favorite savory ingredients. Bursting with flavors.
I knew breakfast for dinner was a way to sneak in these greens without someone even knowing. My blank canvas was starting to take shape. I also knew that bacon is a way to a man’s stomach err, heart. Right? Or something like that.
The hubby practically ate the entire quiche. Melissa and I managed to get a piece of the pie, but the rest, well he ate the rest of the quiche. Life if funny that way. I truly didn’t even think he would eat it. But he did and has been asking for more ever since.
- 6 ounces Baby Bok Choy, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt with truffles
- Preheat oven to 326 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, cheese, almond meal, salt and pepper, in a medium bowl. Set aside
- Fry the bacon. Cut the bacon into bite sized pieces, set aside
- Drain the fat but don’t clean the pan.
- Add the chopped shallots and cook until softened. (about 3 minutes)
- Add the chopped Bok Choy and continue to saute until the Bok Choy is wilted.
- Scatter the cooked bacon, shallots and bok choy as evenly as you can into a 9-in pie plate.
- Pour the egg mixture on top
- Bake about 40 minutes.
- Can be served hot, warm, cold or room temperature.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.