A delicious and easy recipe for Grain-Free Granola, made of nuts, seeds, and coconut oil so you can have one crunchy bite after another.
I was at our annual Frontline supervisors meeting recently where one of the supervisors was proudly parading photos of his newborn son. It struck me at the moment that I go around parading photos to everyone on food. i wonder how many times they all just shook their heads with delight, while secretly saying “on no not another photo of food!”
This one comes close. So close. My desire to include chocolate in the mix led to the addition of the cacao nibs. I kinda wish I added them in the end rather than while the granola was baking. Or maybe I should have chopped up some sugar free chocolate at the end? I don’t know. I loved this recipe, but I didn’t like the melted cacao nibs on the nuts.
Gosh making homemade granola is so damn easy like a Sunday morning. That doesn’t even include the fact that it’s cheaper too.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a separate baking sheet combine almonds and other nuts or seeds.
- Add coconut, cacao nibs date sugar and salt.
- Drizzle with coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove and let cool.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.