These Bacon Wrapped Bison Burger Sliders are a perfect Game Day favorite.
Football fans from all over are gathering around the tube to watch the final games of the season. Is it really almost over? Oh darn!
No seriously. Our family, including my 87-year-old parents, love football season. Watching football in our home can actually be quite comical at times. Every family member has their own favorite team they root for. To put it mildly, it can get pretty heated during football season.
Luckily, the 2014 football season has definitely helped the hubby. As the hubby tells Jim, my brother, “the tide has turned”. He is finally getting pay back for all the dinners the hubby owed Jim. And all over a game. My dad is smart enough not to bet on games. I just shake my head and say may the best team win.
You know what else goes together?
Bacon Wrapped Bison Burger sliders. A fantastic pairing with Gallo Family Vineyard’s Hearty Burgundy wine. And you guessed it, my dad’s favorite.
Burgundy is highly aromatic, and has moderate levels of alcohol and low tannins, making it extremely versatile with food. Gallo’s Hearty Burgundy has been around for over 50 years. Now that is staying power. Oh, and my dad’s favorite.
No matter what team you root for, you’ll find these sliders are winners at just about every table.
I decided to use English muffins instead of traditional buns and used a biscuit cutter to make them to be a tad bit smaller. I wanted them to fit the sliders perfectly. A variety of appetizers since we are all attracted to smaller bites. This way, we have a variety of dishes to graze on all day long.
I chose bison instead of ground beef to make these burgers. These days we are all looking for leaner cuts of meat. Bison is lean and flavorful and can easily be substituted for ground beef in just about any recipe. Bison makes a phenomenal burger and a nice treat. If you have never tried it, ground bison is a great start. And of course, you all know by now that the hubby has no idea these burgers were not made with ground beef. He absolutely loved the sliders. I was so close to telling him, but opted to just let him think they were the best burgers he ever had.
Today the Sunday Supper Movement is sharing wine and food pairings from Gallo Family Vineyard. An abundance of recipes that you can create for your football games. Whether you have a potluck party, an appetizer party or just the family cheering on your favorite teams, I am sure you will find exactly what you need. Don’t forget to grab a bottle of Gallo and sip and serve.
Make sure you have your “A” game on, eat a fantastic meal, and enjoy a glass of wine.
How will you incorporate Gallo Family into your Sunday Supper menu?
– Check out Gallo Family Vineyards Football Finger Foods:
Need tips for hosting the big game? Click here
- 16 ounces ground bison
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup
- 8 slices of provolone
- 8 strips bacon, cut in half
- Preheat your broiler.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the ground bison, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Form the beef into small patties.
- Lie your half slices of bacon down in sets of two so they form an X.
- Place slider in the middle of the X and wrap the bacon around it. It’s greasy enough, it won’t move.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes per side, adding a round of cheese for the last two minutes.
- Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- If using buns, toast them with a bit of mayo.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
You simply must take a look at each fabulous recipe below and if you’re interested in grabbing a nice bottle of Gallo Family Vineyards wine, click here for their Gallo Family store locator.
- Are you ready for the big game? Or looking for appetizers and snacks for entertaining? Take a look at these “Supper Bowl” recipes by Sunday Supper contributors featuring or pairing with Gallo Family Vineyards wines:
- Bacon and Cheese Pretzel Bites by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Bison Burger Sliders by Nosh My Way
- Baked Southwestern Eggrolls by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Baked Arancini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Chorizo Cheese Dip by Casa de Crews
- Cuban Sandwich Sliders by Recipe for Perfection
- Everything Bagel Breadsticks & Smoked Salmon Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Kicked Up Texas Caviar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Mini Mexican Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mexican Chicken Meatballs with Queso by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philadelphia Cheesesteak Dip by Family Foodie
- Pizza Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Polenta Crostini with Mushroom Sauce by Brunch with Joy
- Rosemary White Bean Dip by Magnolia Days
- Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sausage & Caramelized Onion Pita Pizza by The Messy Baker
- Spicy Sticky Chicken Wings and Onion Rings by Nik Snacks
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweet & Spicy Mango Meatballs by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.