The Egg Muffin Sandwich is an iconic breakfast treat, but this homemade version is out of this world.
This is an update from my post that was written several years ago. I made this last weekend and shot these new photos. It's a fun recipe that is simple and delicious.
Happy Sunday everyone. If you are celebrating Easter, I hope you are blessed today with family and friends in honor of this Holy day. If you are like the hubby, today is special only because it’s the last day of the Masters. And since golf is his religion, today is very special to him.
Yesterday I had a conversation with the hubby that went like something like this:
Me: Do you like Egg Mc Muffins?
Hubby: Um, actually, no!
Hubby: Because it’s McDonalds?
Me: Ok let me put it this way. Do you like eggs, bacon or ham on English Muffins?
Hubby: Oh, when you put it that way, yes, I do! Why?
Me: I am thinking about making them for breakfast on Sunday!
So here is my healthified version of Egg Mc Muffin’s.
- 4 English Muffins (8 split slices)
- 4 eggs
- 4 pieces of center cut bacon
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt with black truffle
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with a bit of butter .
- Crack an egg into each slot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- I broiled some English muffins with the remainder of the butter, topped with bacon and cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Happy Easter and “May the odds ever be in the best golfer’s favor.”
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.