This Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup is a great way to kick the off the new year.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 cups fresh bok choy, roughly chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt, to taste with truffles
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon flat-leaf parsley
- In a large stock pot, over medium-high heat add oil
- Saute the garlic about 2 minutes
- Add onion and carrots, and stir for 5 minutes until translucent
- Add cubed chicken and let cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add in bok choy and mix well
- Add in chicken stock, parsley, salt and pepper
- Mix and let simmer for 15 minutes
I don’t know about you, but I am on social, food eating burn out mode.
At least that is how I want to begin my 2015. I am not going to sit here and write about all the things I am going to do. Instead I am going to take action.
It began with this soup. After which I managed a 1 mile walk around the neighborhood.
I have been trying to find a yoga class that fits my work schedule. Can you believe all the ones I looked into are either at 6:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. So disappointing. I know I can try to buy a DVD and do it at home, but I need people to motivate me. If you want to be my people, let me know.
In the meantime, our Sunday Supper movement is providing you with Lighter Fare to start out the new year on the right foot. Our Host this week is, T.R. from Gluten Free Crumbley.
So many amazing recipes to help you purge those bad eating habits from 2014.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great 2015.
- Almond Mocha Smoothie from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chocolate-Covered Berries Green Smoothie from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus DeTox Spa Water from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachilious Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Blissful Breakfast Items
- Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Light Eggs Benedict from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Multigrain Scones from The Texan New Yorker
- Nutty Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Reduced Sugar Donuts from The Ninja Baker
- Broccoli Pesto from Curried Cantaloupe
- Fava Bean and Avocado Guacamole from Pancake Warriors
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter from Wallflour Girl
- Norwegian Egg Benedict from Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chevre Bruschetta from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spicy Curried Lentil Spread with Winter Veggies from Lifestyle Food Artistry
Savory Soups and Sides
- Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Light Creamed Roasted Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup from Nosh My Way
- French Potato Leek Soup from Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Chicken Pho Soup from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from From Gate to Plate
- Quinoa Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinigrette from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Red Cabbage and Golden Raisin Salad from girlichef
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Endive Slaw with Champagne Vinaigrette from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spinach and Black Bean Ravioletti Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
- Black Pepper Tofu with Black Garlic Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fish Steamed with Spicy Couscous from Food Lust People Love
- Greek Style Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce from Nik Snacks
- Kale Pesto with Squash Noodles from Ruffles & Truffles
- Mexican Turkey Cutlets from Magnolia Days
- Meyer Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Fennel & Sweet Potato from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Portuguese Kale Soup from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Salmon with Mushroom Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Skinny Chicken-Leek Pot Pie from The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa from Bobbi’s Kosy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Italian Barley & Sausage from Foxes Loves Lemons
- Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Done Light
- Tomato Goat Cheese Arugula Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Fruit Parfait from Desserts Required
- Maple Pear Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Easy Blackberry Crumble from The Perfect Brownie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.