A rich indulgence of buttery and sizzling Steak and Eggs satisfies that big and hearty craving.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 244 g
- Calories: 557
- Fat: 38
- Saturated fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 5.5
- Sugar: 1.7
- Sodium: 1141 mg
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 47.5
- Cholesterol: 327 mg
- 4 ounce steak
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ avocado, to top
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Heat up 2 small skillets over medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to one of your skillets and add your sliced onion.
- Season your onions with the salt and pepper.
- Stir the onions around to make sure they don’t burn and help them caramelize. (about 8 minutes
- While the onions are caramelizing, prepare the steak by seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Cook your steak on both sides for about 5 minutes.
- After your steak is cooked, put on a plate to rest and add a bit more butter to that same pan, if needed. Top the steak with the chopped cilantro
- Now crack your egg into the pan, add salt and pepper to the egg and fry
- Put about a teaspoon of water into the pan and cover with a lid to steam the top of the egg.
- After about 1 more minute or when egg is cooked to preference, pull off heat and top on your steak.
- Top with sliced avocado.
Cravings. Do you give into them?
Yup, me too. Although, sometimes it takes me a long time to fulfill that craving.
Which brings me to this.
Steaming a sunny side up egg is what makes it oh-so-perfect.
I threw in a few cherry tomatoes, mainly for the color, but it sure added to the deliciousness of this dish.
This week the Sunday Supper movement is sharing year-end cravings, hosted by Cindy of Recipes and Writings. Whether your cravings are sweet, salty,or a home-cooked favorite, we got you a recipe for you! Just good food. No regrets!
Check out this great line up of Food Craving Recipes for this week’s Sunday Supper.
Comfort Food Cravings
- Beef Tenderloin Citrus Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Chunky Beef Chili from MealDiva
- Cowboy Candy and Cream Cheese from Rhubarb and Honey
- Creamy Veggie and Chip Dip from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Golabki (Polish Cabbage Rolls) from Healthy. Delicious.
- Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lightened and Loaded Potato Soup from Momma’s Meals
- Prime Rib Roast from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Roasted Cashews & Walnuts with Honey and Herbs from Delaware Girl Eats
- Russian Black Bread from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Cheese Stromboli from Casa de Crews
- Steak and Eggs from Nosh My Way
- Steak Tartare from The Texan New Yorker
- Swiss Onion Bread from The Foodie Army Wife
Quench Your Thirst Cravings
- Crab Artichoke Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mussels in Coconut Broth with Garlic Toasts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Seafood Scampi from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Cravings
- Apple Bundt Cake from Pancake Warriors
- Dark Chocolate Potato Chip Fudge from Nik Snacks
- Dulce de Leche Rice Krispy Treats from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lower-Sugar Carrot Cake Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Maple Syrup Creme Brule from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mint Infused Deep Dish Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Paleo Pound Cake from NinjaBaker
- Pizzelle from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Sweet Potato Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.