This crustless Chicken Sicilian Sausage Quiche has a nice spicy flavor and is perfect for breakfast or lunch.
- 16 ounces Chicken Sicilian sausage, casing removed (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces shredded cheese,
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh savory or basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Brown the sausage and onion and red pepper in a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread it in a pie plate.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sausage.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and herbs/seasonings together and pour over top.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until it’s cooked through. (Test by inserting a knife in the middle. If it comes out clean, then you’re good to go!)
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
Really, there are not many words for how I feel about quiche.
Just so many different spins on it. While I admit, I love a good crust, this one is not lacking in flavor. Especially if you buy the Chicken Sicilian Sausages from Trader Joe’s. I just can’t settle for any other.
Boy did I luck out making this quiche. It was the first day of the storm of the decade. I can’t believe the amount of rain pouring out of thee sky. I had a problem on the side of the house and it was overflowing from the gutter. Thankfully one of the boys was home and fixed it for me. And just as the quiche was coming out of the oven, my little girl managed to get home safely from work, just in time to scarf down some quiche.
It’s so simple to make.
Now who’s with me, quiche a week or not?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.