This Mulled Red Wine Hot Cocoa is a warming, and indulgent drink. It is definitely one for adults only.
- 6 oz. sugar-free dark chocolate, finely chopped (I used Simply Lite)
- 1/2 cup Gallo Mixed Berries & Chocolate Red Wine
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Sweetener
- Bring chocolate and wine to a simmer in a 1-qt. saucepan over low heat; cook, whisking, until melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the water, milk, and salt; bring to a boil, and cook, while whisking 3 minutes more.
- Serve immediately
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Family meals, traditions, and giving back. That’s what life is all about.
That’s how us adults celebrate — with vino.
We still enjoy some of that burgundy over our fresh sliced peaches. One of the many traditions I enjoy sharing with my dad.
Traditions enable us to carry on those memories from year to year.
New traditions, in place of old ones, can be embraced with acceptance of the passage of time.
I decided it was time to develop a new tradition. The creation of warming up our soul with wine, and keeping warm with a hot beverage, melded into this decadent Mulled Red Wine Hot Cocoa.
Our newest tradition: This fantastic cup of hot cocoa laced with red wine.
The holiday season is a time of giving comfort. Sunday Supper is proud to partner with Gallo Family Vineyards sharing Memorable Holiday Meals and Traditions
The holidays are a time to gather around the dinner table for quality family time. What makes your holidays so memorable?
Check out where you can find Gallo’s seasonal wine near you.
Check out more holiday family traditions around the Sunday supper family tables:
- Holiday Crab & Shrimp Scramble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Donuts by Ruffles & Truffles
- Spiced Apple Monkey Bread with White Wine Caramel by Curious Cuisiniere
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Pastry by Family Foodie
Memorable Main Dishes:
- Baked Swiss Cheese Fondue by Shockingly Delicious
- Curried Turkey Salad by Magnolia Days
- Glazed Ham with Red-eye Gravy by Nik Snacks
- Holiday Braised Short Ribs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Delightful Desserts and Sweets:
- Berry Chocolate Mocha Mousse Dessert by Flavor Mosaic
- Caramel Apple Turnovers by In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate Mousse Cups by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fudgy Chocolate Berry Bundt Cake by Desserts Required
- Italian Wine Doughnut Cookies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pound Cake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Red Wine Chocolate Cookie Cups by Alida’s Kitchen
- Red Wine Chocolate Truffles by Life Tastes Good
- Vanilla Cupcakes with White Wine Caramel Apple Compote by Feed Me, Seymour
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Snowballs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.