These roasted Sugar-Free Maple Glazed Carrots are easy, subtly sweet and an excellent side dish any time of the year.
- 1 1/2 lb. carrots, peeled, trimmed,and cut into even pieces
- 1/8 cup sugar-free maple syrup (I used Joseph’s)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brandy (optional)
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and heat the oven to 425°F
- Spread the carrots in a single layer on a large heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet.
- In a measuring cup, combine the maple syrup, oil, and brandy (if using).
- Drizzle the syrup mixture over the carrots and sprinkle with the cayenne and salt.
- Using your hands or tongs, toss the carrots to coat evenly.
- Roast the carrots, undisturbed, for 15 minutes.
- Toss and continue to roast until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
Oh the secrets I keep.
A few roasted half chickens and these carrots.
It turns out that I did not make enough carrots. Can you imagine hearing that! I was quite pleased and yes, these will be making an appearance at our Thanksgiving table.
Thanks for stopping by and be thankful for unknown blessings already on their way.