A tasty Chocolate Sauce recipe that is sugar-free but oh so decadent.
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Swerve Sweetener (erythritol)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, on medium heat add the water and cocoa powder, stir to dissolve.
- Add the sweetener and stir, letting the mixture come to a boil.
- Continue boiling for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and salt.
- Cool completely
- Pour into jar and refrigerate.
No Way! This just can’t be. Sugar-free! How?
Let me first start by saying please make this in small batches. It tastes delicious! So why small batches then? Well, for several reasons. First, since I used swerve sweetener, once this product hardens, the chocolate crystallizes. Not so bad, because I just zap it in the microwave and it’s good to go. But because, second, too much of a “good” thing is not such a good thing.
My low carb eating plan, which means no refined sugar, is the hardest part of the plan. That and french fries.
I can easily manage without bread, grains, rice or pasta. But french fries and chocolate (not combined) are my nemesis. They are what I struggle with the most. The ingredients I crave the most. While I haven’t conquered a great french fry substitute, this sugar-free treat using swerve has saved my thighs.