This Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef recipe, simmered in a sweet-savory sauce is tender, juicy and bursting with flavor.
- 16 ounces lean steak, sliced in ½ inch slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon potato flour starch
- [b]Mongolian Sauce:
- 5 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Sweetener
- 3 Tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Bean Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place arrowroot powder, salt and pepper in a zip-lock baggie.
- Add the beef and coat. .
- In a skillet set on medium high, add the oil.
- Add the coated beef to the pan. Cook until you get a nice sear on the beef.
- Place beef in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over beef.
- Set slow cooker on high for 3 hours or low for 4 hours.
- When the beef is cooked, add the green onions and serve over cole slaw or rice if not on low carb diet.
Can I tell you a story?
When I was a newlywed, someone bought me a slow cooker as a wedding gift. My mother told me, (and me being as naive as I was, listened to her all the time) that slow cookers were dangerous and she then instructed me return it to the store for something more “practical”. She said I could burn down my house using one of those contraptions.
So, for over 20 years, I never used a slow cooker. Then one day, I made a bold and brave move. I bought a slow cooker. It almost saved my life. Well the hectic life with a full-time busy job and trying to get dinner on the table without a whole lot of effort. And I never burned down the house or anything else either!
I am so glad that I made that bold brave purchase.
Today the Sunday Supper team is sharing slow cooker recipes with all of you. Be amazed at how versatile your slow cooker can be! Thanks to Christie, from A Kitchen Hoor, for hosting today’s Slow Cooker theme.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
More Slow Cooker Recipes from the Sunday Supper crew:
- Crockpot Kielbasa Split Pea Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Amazing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crock Pot Turkey Meatball Soup from Flour On My Face
- Kale & Kielbasa Soup Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Spinach and White Bean Soup from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Spicy Ham and 10-Bean Soup from Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Caramelized Pork Noodle Soup from Brunch with Joy
- Slow Cooker Acorn Squash and Apple Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Three Bean, Butternut, and Quinoa Vegetarian Chili from Ruffles & Truffles
- Potato, Kielbasa and Spinach Soup With Gouda from Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Chunky Chicken Tortilla Soup #GlutenFree from Sue’ s Nutrition Buzz
Scrumptious Mains (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Slow Cooked Apple Pie Oatmeal from Life Tastes Good
- Pork and Cabbage Stew from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from Peaceful Cooking
- Slow-Cooked Country Pork and Veggies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef from Marlene Baird
- Madras Beef Curry with Vegetables from Curious Cuisiniere
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Apples and Figs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken from Casa de Crews
- Pork Chops in Gravy with Potatoes from Cookin’ Mimi
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Pulled Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Artichokes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Scalloped Potatoes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions from The Dinner-Mom
- Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Chocolate Cake from MealDIva
- Slow Cooker Rice Pudding from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow-Cooker Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Lemon Poppy Seed Cake from NinjaBaking
- Slow Cooker Sourdough from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slowcooker Seedy Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Sips and Spreads
- Spiced Caramel Cider from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—>Sunday Supper Movement.