I was provided a Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker free of charge. This is not a sponsored post and I was not compensated to write this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
One of the easiest ways to make Asian-flare dishes is using a slow cooker. This slightly spicy Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken is boldly bodacious.
- 1/8 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons reduced sugar Ketchup
- 1/2 Tablespoon Swerve Sweetener (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Place starch and black pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken pieces and seal; toss to thoroughly coat meat.
- Heat the oil In a large skillet on medium high.
- Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until brown on all sides.
- Remove and add to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, ginger, red pepper and the sweetener.
- Combine the ketchup and rice wine vinegar
- Sprinkle the garlic ginger mixture over chicken and then the tomato paste and vinegar mixture then toss to coat.
- Put lid on slow cooker and set on low for 4 hours.
- Stir cashews into the cooked chicken before serving and top with the scallions
Let this perfectly easy to use slow cooker become your best friend.
And boy-oh-boy let me tell you. I absolutely love all the great features in this Hamilton Beach slow cooker . First off, it counts down the time for you so you know how much time is left before it goes into warm mode. The lid seals in and the clasps keep it closed nice and tight. You don’t hear the cooker percolating as it cooks your food like other slow cookers. It has a probe to check the temperature too. I haven’t used this feature yet. Soon though.
Just look at this dish.
I love Asian cuisine. As you can see, slow cookers do so much more than what you might think.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.