Need a new and different idea for a spaghetti squash? Try these Spaghetti Squash Fritters. Crispy on the outside, tender and delicious on the inside.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt or Coarse Sea Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 green onion thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2½ ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon California dried orange peel (in the spice section of your market)
- 1 egg
- 2½ Tablespoons Arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup canola oil for deep frying
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce your squash with a fork a couple of times
- Place the squash on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes
- remove from the oven and let it cool about 20 minutes
- Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds.
- With a fork scrape the stands out onto a paper towel
- Squeeze out the excess liquid and discard
- In a large bowl n a medium bowl, combine the squash spaghetti, sage, nutmeg, scallion, garlic, pepper, cheese, and the lemon peel.
- Stir in the egg and flour and mix well until combined.
- Form fritters by hand and fry them in the hot oil in batches.
- Cook until the fritters are golden brown on each side, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove with fritters. Drain fried fritters on paper towels.
- Season with coarse salt
September 7th is National Acorn Squash Day. Sunday Supper is celebrating today with a Squash fest.
As the season is beginning to change from Summer to Fall, it just seems natural to make squash. I was one of those who tried spaghetti squash years ago at a dinner party and didn’t like it at all. Never touched the stuff until about two years ago. Since then, I have made several recipes using this unique veggie.
And to think I almost forgot to make this dish in time for Sunday Supper. Luckily, I remembered just in time to run to the local market, grab a squash and fry away.
Do you enjoy the summer’s bounty or prefer the fall and winter varieties?,
Can’t decide? Just check out our collection of recipes I am sure you will find your favorites and venture out to try something new.
From zucchini, to butternut, to pumpkins and more let the fall season begin!
Our wonderful hostesses this week are Alice of A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen and Christy of Confessions of a Culinary Diva. We hope you will join us on Sunday around the family table and share some of your favorite ideas for squash of all kinds. We can’t wait to see what the Sunday Supper family has come up with this week; here is a preview of the menu to come on Sunday!
Starters – Appetizers & Cocktails:
- Bourbon Pumpkin Pie in a Glass from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Spaghetti Squash and Zucchini Pancakes from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Zucchini Pizza Bites from Mommas Meals
- Zucchini Tomato Focaccia Bread with Pretzel Salt from Family Foodie
Pickles & Relish:
Soups & Salads:
- Creamy Dairyfree Zucchini Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli e Zucchini from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pumpkin Soup with Bacon and Persimmon from Culinary Adventures with Camillia
- Tofu Vegetable Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Zucchini Cheese Soup from Noshing with the Nolands
- Zucchini Noodles with Basil Vinaigrette from Ruffles and Truffles
- Acorn Squash Ramen from Ninja Baking
- Beef, Butternut & Potato Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Ragu over Spaghetti Squash from The Texan New Yorker
- Black Bean, Butternut Squash & Millet Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Ancho-Guajillo Chile Sauce from Simply Healthy Family
- Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini from La Cocina de Leslie
- Gluten Free Zucchini Noodles & Meatballs from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Italian Sausage Zucchini Lasagna from Curious Cuisiniere
- Risotto with Butternut Squash, Chicken and Sage from Cooking Chat
- Sausage and Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Cups from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sesame Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Shockingly Delicious
- Spinach and Mushroom Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Stuffed Red Kuri Squash from Food Lust People Love
- Zucchini-Corn Pancakes from The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Thyme Baked Acorn Squash from An Appealing Plan
- Creamy Baked Acorn Squash from Simply Gourmet
- Grilled Zucchini and Corn Succotash from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Kabocha no Nimono (Simmered Acorn Squash) from A Mama, Baby and Shar Pei in the Kitchen
- Roasted Kabocha Squash from Peaceful Cooking
- Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Spaghetti Squash Fritters from Nosh My Way
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Delicata Squash and Pear from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Zucchini Succotash Cobbler with Cornbread Topping from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Sweets to Start or End the Day:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Zucchini Coffeecake with Chocolate Crumb from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes from Brunch with Joy
- Granny’s Zucchini Bread from Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups with Pumpkin Spice Dipping Sauce from Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Cookie Butter Cinnamon Buns with Cookie Butter Glaze from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Pumpkin Pie Layer Cheesecake Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Zucchini Brownies from Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Zucchini Lemon Ginger Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.