My tender, juicy, Chicken Breast Nuggets are baked to a golden perfection. A healthful alternative to any fast-food restaurant and an excellent lunch box option for your children.
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
- 3 Tablespoons stoneground mustard with horseradish
- 2 Tablespoons Light Mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and spray rack with non-stick spray liberally. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg.
- In a separate shallow bowl, combine, the almond meal, grated cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Dip each nugget into the egg mixture, then into the almond meal mixture.
- Place on the rack.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the nuggets are cooking, combine all the ingredients for the honey mustard dipping sauce.
My kids are all in college now, but it seems to me that kids go back to school way to early. When I was growing up we returned to school after Labor day. Back in the day, I was a picky eater. My mom was forced to feed me salami and mustard sandwiches 4 days a week and one day I would take a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to school.
My kids weren’t as picky, and I wasn’t much better at coming up with great healthful alternatives for them either. But you are all in luck. Today for Sunday Supper we are sharing back to school recipes with all of you.
I love the creative new lunch boxes the kids have these days. Bento box styles, insulated styles, they are all so great. A whole lot better that the tin cartoon character boxes of days gone by.
Back to School Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Muffins from Killer Bunnies
- Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmealfrom The Red Head Baker
- Make Ahead Waffle Casserole from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Apple Muffins from Meal Diva
- Apple Oat Breakfast Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Toast Three Ways from Foxes Love Lemons
Back to School Lunches and Simple Suppers
- Owl Sandwich Bento from Simply Gourmet
- First Day of School Pinwheels from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Quick and Easy Hot Pastrami Sliders from Webicurean
- Grilled Chicken Revamp from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken and Zucchinin Meatballs from Casa de Crews
- Clean Eating Lunches Your Kids will Love from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Crispy Chicken Legs from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- DIY Veggie Cup Noodles from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Nuggets from Nosh my Way
- Skinny Spinach Mac and Cheese from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Chicken Schnitzle from Panning the Globe
- Berry Nutty Bento from Ninja Baking
- Spagetti and Chicken Meatballs from Soni’s Food
- Chopped Shrimp Salad with Honey Lime Vinagraitte from The Weekend Gourmet
- Just for Mom Salad from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Steak & Cheese Pockets from Momma’s Meals
- Turkey Pinwheels from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Back to School Sips
Back to School Super Snacks
- Nutty Granola from Life Tastes Good
- On the Go Guacamole from Shannon at Country Girl in the Village
- Fruishi – Fruit Sushi from Mama Bee Does
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Energy Balls from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Play Ground Granola Bars from Noshing with the Nolands
- Apricot Dip from Magnolia Days
- Parmesan Garlic Oven Roasted Chick Peas from Ruffles and Truffles
- Home Made Graham Crackers from Curious Cuisiniere
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Apple Zucchini Flax Bread from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Beef and Veggie Sliders from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn from Simply Healthy Family
Back to School Sweets and Treats
- Open Faced PB & J Cookies from Desserts Required
- Berry Topped Chocolate Silk Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Paletas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Love Note Doodle Bugs from Happy Baking Days
- Frozen Yogurt Mud Pies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Crispy Treats from The Texan New Yorker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday!