Enjoy your dinner with Ground Beef Peppers that are stuffed with cauliflower “rice” and baked to perfection.
- 8 Peppers (I used purple because they were pretty and I found them at the local Farmer’s Market)
- 1 Small Head of Cauliflower (I used purple, but it doesn’t matter the color)
- 1/2 pound 93/7 Lean Ground Beef
- 4 Cups Fresh Arugula
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- (1/8 cup) Fresh Herbs, chopped (I used Thai basil) Yes Farmer’s Market find too
- 4 slices of Havarti cheese because it’s meltably delicious, cut to fit the top of the peppers
- Chop cauliflower or blend it in a food processor to form rice like pieces, set aside.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and scoop out the seeds. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet, add chopped garlic.
- Cook for a minute then add ground beef, stirring frequently.
- In another pan, heat the other Tablespoon of butter and sauté the fresh arugula for a few minutes until wilted.
- Add the cauliflower and arugula to the beef.
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Add the filling to each pepper.
- Bake @350 for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top off with a slice of Havarti.
- Return to oven til the cheese melts (2 to 5 minutes)
Judging from personal experience, these peppers, which are purple, are sure to produce delight and smiles from everyone.
I was dissappointed when the color of the peppers turned out to be such a grey color after baking them.
I bet Peter Piper would love to pick purple peppers. Wouldn’t you?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.