Beat the heat with this oh-so-delicious Lemon Basil Iced Tea that smells as good as it tastes.
- 5 cups water
- 3 black tea bags
- 1 lemon, sliced, seed removed
- 8 to 10 Lemon basil leaves
- Boil the water
- Place the tea bags, 1/2 of the sliced lemons, and the lemon basil and steep for about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the lemons, but not the basil.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add the sliced lemons and ice to a pitcher and serve.
It’s early Sunday morning and the sun is starting to rise. I am out on the patio enjoying a cool breeze and listening to the birds chirp as the day is about to begin.
I am so glad I found you at the local Farmer’s Market.
While browsing at the market looking for new and unusual finds, I came across this herb. I gingerly picked it up and brought it up to my nose. But the farmer at the stand stopped me. She asked me to rub the leafs between my fingers and then take a smell. Oh how I wish I had a scratch and sniff right now for all of you to enjoy.
My first recipe, Lemon Basil Pesto, was refreshing and delicious. This basil isn’t as strong as regular basil and the hint of lemon made a perfect pairing with my grilled shrimp.
But then I got to thinking. How else can I put this herb to good use?
Iced tea would be perfect.
Maybe next will be a mojito or maybe some lemon basil muffins. I just can’t decide.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.