This simple yet delicious salad features crisp turkey bacon, walnuts and blue cheese.
- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces blue cheese divided
- 4 ounces toasted walnuts
- 2 large heads of butter lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Sauté bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Whisk mayonnaise and vinegar in medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil, then cheese.
- Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Chop up the bacon into bite size pieces. (I cut mine into slices using a pair of scissors)
- Toss lettuce leaves, half of berries and half of bacon and half the walnuts with enough dressing to coat.
- Divide salad among 6 plates. Top with remaining berries, walnuts and bacon and serve.
Who loves a good laugh?
Especially at the expense of someone else.
I know, but you see, I just couldn’t help myself. Perhaps the story is a “You had to be there” story. Or it just might be one that is only funny to me. Either way. I thought it was funny.
The leftovers were still in the pan, when the hubby walked into the kitchen. It was his nose that led him there. He glanced at the pan and asked it that was extra bacon and could he have some.
I hesitated for a moment about letting him know that it was turkey bacon and not porky bacon. But I changed my mind and said, “Yes, it’s extra bacon”.
I was already silently chuckling as I burst out laughing. “Nope it’s turkey bacon. I wanted you to try it.”
Yuck. He did not like it at all.
But luckily, he told me that it tasted fine chopped up and in the salad with all the other delicious goodness going on there.
I am happy.
He liked the salad and…
he has a sense of humor too.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.