These Loaded Baked Mashed Cauliflower with cheese and bacon make a perfect side dish with a twist.
Welcome to “A Local Farmer’s Market Virtual Dinner Party.”
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% Plain Greek Yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chipped chives
- 4 strips bacon, cooked, and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cheddar jack cheese (I used 2% milk reduced fat)
- Cut the cauliflower head into segments small enough to place in food processor.
- Pulse until cauliflower reaches a rice-like texture. (I did mine in two batches)
- Steam the chopped cauliflower using the double boiler method for about 8 minutes.
- Return the cauliflower to the blender and add the eggs, yogurt, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Add half the chopped bacon and half the chives and combine well.
- Scoop the mixture into ramekins, or one big casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with remaining bacon and chives.
- [i]Optional[/i]l add a dollop of sour cream.
Today I am participating in a local farmer’s market virtual dinner party.
Several of us got together and shopped at our local farmer’s market to bring to all of you a virtual dinner party. I enjoyed my Saturday morning at the Walnut Creek market.
My farmer’s market is such a great place to find an assortment of wonderful fruits, veggies, eggs and even living plants and herbs.
Renee from Creative Mamma Messy House organized this so make sure you all stop by and let her know about all the wonderful dishes we are sharing.
My team was tasked to provide a gluten free dinner party.
On the menu we have:
|Roast Pork Tenderlion with Mushroom Marsala Sauce and Roasted Potatoes|
|Warm Green Bean and Tomato Salad|
|Loaded Mashed Cauliflower|
|Vanilla Bean Infused Cheesecake with Peaches in Dark Rum Sauce|
Fully loaded with so much cheesy deliciousness and tons of crispy bacon.
Low carb, flavorful, healthful, yummy and local grown, fresh from the farmer’s market, including the eggs!
Just go visit your local farmer’s market and make some healthful dishes to share with your family too.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.