If you love savory, umami flavors than you must try this Incredibly flavorful Miso Butter Garlic Chicken.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Tablespoon Miso Paste
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- roasted garlic (half the bulb)
- to roast your garlic, cut the head off the bulb of garlic, place in a ramekin, drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. remove skins
- Beat the butter in a bowl until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add the miso paste and beat until incorporated,
- Put the skinned, roasted garlic cloves in the butter and beat until incorporated (you want the cloves to get mashed up). Add the mirin and mix until combined.
- Arrange the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. I lined mine with foil for easier cleanup.
- Smother the chicken with the miso butter and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Miso is my wonder drug. It is the ummami of all flavors. And what it does when mixed with butter is, well, heavenly.
Oh remember there are good carbs, that are in fruits and vegetables, and bad carbs that are in grains and baked goods, starchy veggies, full fat cheeses, butter, and sweetened frozen yogurt. Sugar and alcohol are also the root of some of that evil.
I know I used butter in this recipe, but only one tablespoon and I don’t do it every day.
I know you will love using miso in your recipes. My next project is to find a better natural alternative to butter.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.