- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal Flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup Sugar Free honey (I used Nature’s Hollow)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- [b]BLUEBERRY ALMOND CRUMB TOPPING[/b]
- 1/4 cup blueberry flavored almonds, crushed (I used Blue Diamond)
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Meal
- 1 Tablespoon Smart Balance Buttery Spread
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Line your muffin tine with paper liners.
- Make your blueberry flavored almond crumb topping by combining the crushed almonds and the almond meal in a bowl. Add the cold buttery spread and mix with your fingers until it resembles moist crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour,almond meal, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, beat together whisk the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix for about one minute or until well combined.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping on the tops of each muffin.
- Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This just happened. On June 3 I started on my new Low carb meal plan. Wandering away from everything I learned about “eat what you want as long as it’s in moderation.” Today, I tried baking, for the first time since I removed sugars, grains, breads and starchy veggies from my diet. The longest EVER, in my whole life that I ever went without any of those items. Hodgson Mill sent me a sampling of some of their newest products to try. I used coconut flour, almond meal and even a sugar-free honey to make these treats. I ate one. Only one. But I felt completely satisfied. I never even knew that almond meal and coconut flour must be refrigerated after opening. You learn something new every day. Lucky for me, Hodgson Mill sent me some of their newest products to try out. These products arrived yesterday. Wasting no time at all, today I baked. These were truly delicious. And thanks to a some blueberry flavored almonds the crunchy topping was a perfect addition. It was fun baking with coconut flour. Let’s see what else I can bake.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.