A great dish for the warm days ahead, this Coconut Almond Slaw is light, bright and goes great with grilled seafood or chicken, or on a bed of mixed greens as a salad.
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon low- fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 cup white cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup thinly sliced red peppers
- 3 ounces coconut almonds, chopped (about 28 almonds per ounce 28 G)
- In a large bowl mix the shredded cabbage, and red peppers.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper then add to the cabbage mixture. Then add the coconut almonds.
- Mix well to combine and adjust for seasoning.
- Finally sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Crunch and munch.
Naked is great too.
I was secretly popping one Blue Diamond Coconut Flavored almond at a time into my mouth as I was preparing to dress up my almonds.
After all, how can you not have a holiday backyard BBQ celebration without some nuts showing up.
And you won’t have to explain to your guests how the nuts always show up at the party unannounced.
This is by far the best cole slaw I have ever made. In fact, this will appear at our Fourth of July family celebration. And remember, these are the kind of nuts you want to hang around with.
What great dishes do you plan on having at your Interdependence Day Celebration?
Thanks for stopping by and have a safe Fourth of July!
MarleneThis is a sponsored post by Blue Diamond Tastemakers. All opinions are my own.