This Chicken, Apple, Walnut and Cheddar Salad is packed with nutrition, is crunchy and delicious. Perfect for the hot summer months.
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons champagne vinegar (sherry vinegar in original recipe)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed spring greens (farro in original recipe)
- 32 walnut halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar, ½-inch cubes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced and halved
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breasts, chopped, or sliced (celery in original recipe)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, cheddar, apples, chicken, parsley, and dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Salads have re-entered my life in a big way.
Even the hubby is loving them. We have a local restaurant called Lettuce, and lucky for me, the hubby likes it too. They make fantastic salads with a seasonal, fresh and local ingredients. You can also get sandwiches and specialty hot entree’s that change daily.
When I was contacted by California Walnuts and was asked if I would like to participate in their Virtual Salad Party I jumped at the chance.. I love walnuts. They are a healthy protein and totally fits into my Low-Carb eating plan.
All participants chose which salad they wanted to create from several different chefs.
So let’s get the party rolling.
I hope you enjoy my selection. I modified it to fit with a Low-Carb diet, but I am sure you will LOVE both of them.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.