This simple Cinnamon Sugar Bundt Cake is light and fluffy, loaded with bananas, and stuffed with a crunchy cinnamon sugar layer!
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ground flax-seed
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup washed raw sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- Cinnamon Drizzle (optional)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray bundt pan thoroughly with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine palm sugar, flax-seed and the cinnamon and stir until well mixed.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk until well mixed.
- In a food processor, combine the bananas and raw sugar and process until smooth.
- Add the milk, oil, and egg and process until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture in a line down the center of the batter, then push it into the batter lightly to make a tunnel of streusel. Pour in the remaining batter.
- Spread it in an even layer and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon drizzle.
- In a cup or small bowl, stir the brown sugar,cinnamon and water together.
- Drizzle the mixture over the cake.
You know, life is truly about the simple pleasures.
Things like hearing my dad tell me how impressed he is with the twins. How blessed I am to have them as a part of our family.
As simple as cinnamon and sugar.
Because Hunter says that’s all you need to make a cake.
And because celebrations are to be cherished.
My dad said I cooked too much food and didn’t need to go through all this “trouble”. “Trouble, are you serious”, I commented. I love this!
Yes, I worked so hard my whole body ached afterwards. But seriously, my satisfaction is seeing everyone go bonkers over my spread of delicious food. The cookies and this Cinnamon Sugar Bundt Cake was, well, um, the icing on the cake.
This is why I do what I do.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.