This Chocolate Yogurt Fruit Dip will satisfy your chocolate cravings without all the calories.
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (like Fage ro Chobani)
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- strawberries and bananas
- Melt the chocolate over very low heat stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- dip the fruit into the yogurt sauce and enjoy!
This just kind of felt like a weekday recipe treat.
For one, it was so simple to create. Has chocolate in it and for kicks I added maca powder. I know, you know want to Google maca powder, don’t you!
Don’t go to google, yet. Here is my simplified definition–Maca powder is a root that belongs to the radish family, and is most commonly available in powder form.
Grown in the mountains of Peru, it has been called “Peruvian ginseng.” Maca’s benefits have been long valued, and has recently been popularized as a supplement and food ingredient.
Maca is good in smoothies, salads, drinks, cooked foods, and juices. Don’t add it to anything that’s very hot because it will lose all its benefits.
Skip the maca if you like, it doesn’t change the flavor, just the nutritional benefits.
I decided to name this a fruit dip because I wanted to get you to eat fruits.(and me too)
I am sure pretzels, marshmallows, and graham crackers would be good too.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.