Aromatic and full of deep flavors, this Smoky Paprika Shrimp is blissfully delicious.
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 4 to 5 basil leaves, 1 thinly sliced
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp with the paprika, crushed red pepper salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a small saucepan. Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the port or sherry and let it reduce slightly. Next add the broth and lemon juice.
- Add the tomato paste and 3 basil leaves
- In a separate pan, over medium-high heat at the remaining oil.
- Grill the shrimp one side for 2 minutes. Turn and grill for about 30 to 45 seconds.
- Ladle the broth into the bowls, top with shrimp.
- Garnish with remaining basil
When I was a little girl, my mother was very protective.
Yes, she was protective of her children, but what she was really protective of was her kitchen. I kid you not.
Mom did not allow us to help her cook. We had the fun task of cleaning up. I did not let that stop me though. I think the fact that she would let me cook, made me want to learn even more. Mom is an excellent cook, uses no recipes or measuring utensils and lets her taste buds guide her.
She is quite adorable and when we go out to eat at a restaurant, she always orders whatever I order. She always makes sure the waiter knows how old she is. Fishing for the “Oh my, you don’t look like you are 86.
In honor of my mom, I decided that I would cook what I wanted. Because she always wants the same thing I want.
After all and I know mom will love it too.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Mother’s Day!
Thank you Liz for hosting this special #Sundaysupper event.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Click here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Check out all of these delectable dishes made with Mother’s in mind. .
Make something delicious for your mom, in memory of your mom. or anyone that was a mother figure in your life
Mother’s Day Recipes
Mother’s Day Breakfast:
- Bacon,Egg and Cheddar Scones from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Chai Berry Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Almond Prune Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Greek Breakfast Strata from Curious Cuisiniere
- Maple Almond Butter from girlichef
- Orange Julius from Neighborfood
- Rum Rolls from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Eggs with an Asian Accent from NinjaBaking.com
Mother’s Day Appetizers, Soups and Salads:
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Chilled Spring Pea Soup from An Appealing Plan
- I Love You Mom Melon Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Strawberry Salad with Asparagus Mousse from Delaware Girl Eats
- Truffled Sea Salt Shrimp Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Vegetable Shu Mai from My Healthy Eating Habits
Mother’s Day Main Dishes:
- Betty’s Salad from Jelly Toast
- Brussels Sprouts Kofta from Soni’s Food
- Cajun Shrimp Eggplant Casserole from Food Lust People Love
- Crepes Lorraine from Noshing With The Nolands
- Greek Chicken Pizza from Casa de Crews
- Ham and Spinach Quiche from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Lightened-Up Penne & Tomato Cream Sauce with Peas & Prosciutto from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mac & Cheese Dressed Up for Mother’s Day from Cooking Chat
- Mini Pot Pies from Jane’s Adventures in Cooking
- Paprika Shrimp from Nosh My Way
- Spears in a Blanket from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Mother’s Day Desserts:
- Banana Cream Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Black-Eyed Susan from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cannoncini alla Crema from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Babka from Run DMT
- Chocolate Caramel Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Creme Brûlée from Desserts Required
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Pie from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Cookies from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Limoncello Lemon Pound Cake from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Mom’s Glazed Blueberry Tarts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mom’s Coconut Macaroons from MealDiva
- Mango Sorbet from Pescetarian Journal
- PB&J Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Cobbler from Cookin’ Mimi
- Pina Colada Cake from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pineapple Empanadas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Scotch Tea Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Shortcake Whipped Cream Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Pies and Plots