This totally outrageous 5-star Fried Egg and Shaved Asparagus Breakfast Sandwich makes me so happy.
- 1 Torpedo Roll
- 2 Asparagus Spears, shaved
- 1 egg
- spinach leafs, cut into strips
- cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Miso Mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- [b]MISO MAYO[/b]
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon California Lemon Peel seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest)
- [b]TO MAKE THE MISO MAYO[/b]
- Mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- To cook the shaved asparagus, Put the shaved asparagus into a sieve, and lower into the boiling water, for 1 minute. Remove, and immediately place in an ice bath to stop the cooking for 3 minutes.
- Lay onto sheets of paper towel or a flour sack towel, and gently pat away the water. Set aside.
- Fry your egg.
- While the egg is frying place the torpedo roll in the oven set at 250 degrees until it gets crispy about 3 minutes.
- Split in half lengthwise, leaving a hinge.
- Spread the miso mayo on the top half of the roll.
- Place the spinach and cilantro on the bottom
- Layer with the shaved spinach and then top it with the fried egg.
I had this image in my mind of a killer breakfast sandwich.
And please, take the time to get the torpedo roll and crisp it in the oven. So worth it!
Then when you start dancing, take photos, post them all over Instagram and tell them it’s all my fault.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.