This is a killer breakfast sandwich of baked eggs, cheese, and pieces of sweet chicken sausage.
- 2 Sweet Chicken Sausages, casings removed
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- salt and pepper
- 16 slices of bread (I used my [url href=”http://noshmyway.com/2014/04/22/pepper-jack-beer-quick-bread-recipe/”]beer bread[/url])
- In a pan on medium high, cook the sausages,breaking up the sausage with a fork.
- Set aside.
- Using 1/2 Tablespoon of butter, grease your casserole dish.
- Place the spinach and the shredded cheese. set aside
- In a separate bowl, crack all the eggs, add the milk, salt and pepper and w
- Add the cooked sausage to the casserole pan.
- Pour the egg mixture slowly into the dish
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- To make the sandwich, I used my Beer bread.
- Butter or spread a little bit of siracha mayo and grill the bread on both sides.
- Place a slice of egg bake between your two grilled pieces of bread and enjoy.
- You can slice the egg bake and freeze if you want.
Don’t blame me. I can’t take the blame if you fall in love with this Sweet Chicken Sausage and Egg Sandwich.
Breakfast sandwich, lunch, or even a midnight snack.
Freeze it for later. Unable to resist, and eat every frozen slice.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. Oh and the link to the beer bread I used is here