Drizzling butter over the top of this Pepper Jack Beer Quick Bread towards the end of baking gives it a wonderfully brown and crisp crust, with a great rich Brown Ale flavor.
- 3 cups Bisquick mix
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 bottle or can (12 oz) beer (I used Sam Adams Hazel Brown)
- 1/2 cup Shredded pepper jack Cheese (I used Trader Joe’s White Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack and Habanero Jack)
- 2 Tablespoons of butter for the end of the baking time, melted
- Coarse Sea Salt for the top
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray the bottom only of 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray
- In large bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, sugar and beer with whisk until well blended. Pour 3/4 of the batter into the pan.
- Add the cheese and pour the rest of the batter in the pan.
- Bake 40 remove from the oven. baste the bread with the melted butter and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Oops, I did it again.
I hate to admit this, but I was vacillating about slicing it up. I thought it looked so good and I didn’t want to cut into it. But the reality is I was salivating so much that I actually couldn’t wait to try a slice.
Stay tuned for the great breakfast sandwich coming soon.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.