This simple Chicken Sicilian Sausage Stuffing has only six ingredients and is moist and delicious. Who says stuffing is reserved for the holidays?
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Cups of your favorite bread, day old (I used Pane Rustico)
- 3 Chicken Sausage, casing removed (I used Trader Joe’s with tomato and Romano cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 to 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, crumbling the meat with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and let cool.
- Add the bread cubes, broth and egg to the bowl and mix well
- The mixture should be moist but not soggy; add a little more stock if you like your stuffing wetter.
- Season the stuffing with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place in a 8-inch x 6-inch buttered baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. (To keep the stuffing moist; cover the top loosely with foil while it bakes.)
No I am not crazy.
Why not make a stuffing to go with a dish that I will share with you all in a future post.
Go ahead, break all the rules, make stuffing even though it’s not Thanksgiving.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.