This juicy Lemon and Herb Stuffed Salmon has a wonderful caramelized citrus flavor that will tickle your taste buds.
- 2 pounds salmon
- 6 slices of lemons, sliced thick
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- few sprigs each fresh rosemary, basil, and parsley
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp peppercorns, mixed or black
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Score the salmon with a sharp knife, at 2 inch intervals. Rub all over with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay three large pieces of foil over a large baking tray, overlapping the long edges
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the garlic slices about 30 seconds to one minute. Remove from pan.
- Next fry the lemon slices over a high heat for 2-3 mins until golden. Season; allow to cool slightly.
- Scatter a handful of herbs around the fish.
- Tuck caramelized lemon, herbs and garlic inside the scored part of the fish.
- Scatter the peppercorns over the fish.
- Fold the foil around the fish to make a shallow tent, crunching the edges well to seal. Cook in the center of the oven for 30-35 mins, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Remove from the oven and rest the fish for at least 10 mins, still wrapped in foil.
- Slice and serve
Hello and happy Sunday. Today I am thrilled to bring to you my first post in the incredible Sunday Supper Movement. Our theme for this event is “Stuff, Roll, and Wrap.
I decided to stuff it.
When I was a little girl our weekly supper was always Saturday. We always ate earlier on Saturday’s than during the week. And guaranteed, during the summer month’s dinner consisted of something grilled.
I thought long and hard about what I wanted to stuff.finally settled on seafood. My big girl is a vegetarian, or rather a pescatarian. Either way, no meat, poultry or pork products. I wanted something that I knew the whole family would enjoy.
I am here to tell you we all enjoyed our salmon dinner. We engaged in excellent conversation, laughed and savored the delicious meal.
Please enjoy everyone’s recipes.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Sunday.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Check out all the great “Stuffed, Rolled and Wrapped” contributions to Sunday Supper this week!
Starters and Snacks
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso (cheese stuffed cornmeal cakes) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Tinga Taquitos with Avocado Cream by Savvy Eats
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Shell Pierogies by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Scotch Eggs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Run DMT
- Celery Root and Lentil Lettuce Wraps with Yogurt-Garlic Dressing by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Thai Peanut Stuffed Jalapenos by Healthy. Delicious.
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Grandma Katrinas’ Russian Cabbage rolls (Golubtsy) by European Cutie
- Chicken Cordon Blue by The Foodie Army Wife
- Lunchroom Meatroll by MarocMama
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Tempura Rolls by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Herbed Stuffed Salmon by Nosh My Way
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por – Persian Stuffed Eggplant by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Southwest Breakfast Burrito by It’s Yummi!
- Mascarpone Blueberry Stuffed French Toast by gotta get baked
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Steak Smothered Burritos by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Greek Rolled Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
- Bee-Bim Bop Sushi Rolls by NinjaBaking.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Family Foodie
- Genoa Salami and Kalamata Olive Calzones by The Texan New Yorker
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Girl’s Camp Breakfast Burritos by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sause by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Bread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pizza Pockets by girlichef
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Greek Salad Wrap by The Messy Baker
- Herbed Venison Lettuce Wraps by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All things Sweet
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Cake Roll by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry and Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet