For long-cooked flavor in a flash, try this easy method for delicious Braised Carrots and Asparagus.
- 1 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Carefully add wine; cook for 1 minute or until wine has almost evaporated.
- Add vegetable broth, 1 tablespoon of the tarragon, the salt, and pepper; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add asparagus; cover. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining tarragon.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
I do have a secret though. Well not so secret anyway.
So what happened was this.
I needed to practice a dish that I plan to make. So I rounded up the family and on Friday evening we had Sunday Supper. I served these braised carrots and asparagus as our side dish and oh my it was delicious.
I am so excited to start participating in this incredible movement. I will fill you in on it later. For now enjoy the green and orange veggies.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.