Take breakfast to the next level with these Espresso Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 teaspoons Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl mix oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar, egg, espresso powder and vanilla bean paste into the butter.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Rest in refrigerator for about an hour
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Roll in .7 ounce balls onto prepared baking sheet(s).
- Bake 1 sheet at a time, on middle rack, until firm around the edges-about 12 minutes.
- Cool on sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks or other surface.
Do you know what happens when you taste these cookies?
Oh and if your weather is as crazy as ours has been, these will sure put a little sunshine on a cloudy day.
Hang in there no matter what day of the week it is. When all else fails bake up some of these Espresso Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.