These chewy Honey Walnut Oatmeal Cookies have the perfect chew in the center and just a slightly crispy edge.
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- [i]Optional: dark chocolate chunks[/i]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar, honey, egg and milk thoroughly.
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir in the oats.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
- Add the chopped nuts and chocolate chunks.
- heaping teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Practically perfect in every way.
I mean, really, these cookies are quite large. I measured them. They are almost 4 inches in diameter. That’s a whole lotta cookie for 2 PP. Even if you add the chocolate chunks that’s pretty darn good.
They are delicious. Oh and I got carried away with the photos. I hope you don’t mind.
When my daughter returned home from a run, and walked into the kitchen, she squealed, “Wow those smell really good.”
I was in awe of these perfectly shaped cookies.
But, what you will see in a future post, I take these to another level. So make sure you come back to see what I created. Hint: Think banana.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.