The secret recipe for KFC fried chicken has never been revealed, but this Copycat Kentucky Baked Chicken comes real close.
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon powdered sage
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- [b]BAKED CHICKEN INGREDIENTS[/b][br]
- 16 ounces chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/8 cup wondra or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of the seasoning mix
- Mix all the seasonings together and store in an airtight jar.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Dip the chicken in milk and let soak about 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Coat the chicken in the seasoning mix.
- Place on a grill that has been spray with butter flavored non stick spray
Let’s give the Colonel a chance. Fried chicken is, well fried. But fast food has taken some strides into making some choices healthier. The KFC baked chicken is not bad. But making it my way, is better. It’s crispy like fried, but healthier because it’s baked.
All those spices are needed, really.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.