Green candy makes these Bailey’s Caramel M&M cookies the closest I will get to being Irish.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup Bailey’s Caramel Flavor
- 2 cups White Whole- wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugars, and egg in a bowl.
- Add vanilla and Bailey’s and mix completely.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Incorporate the dry ingredients into butter mixture in two equal parts.
- Gently stir in the M&Ms.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-11 minutes.
- Cookies will be golden brown around edges and lightly browned on top
Let’s face it. Just give us a holiday and we are all there ready to celebrate. It doesn’t matter what the holiday is, really. Take, for example St. Patrick’s Day! I am not Irish and I don’t even know why it’s celebrated.
This month for the #FillTheCookieJar monthly recipe post hosted by our lovely Cynthia from Feeding Big we celebrate St. Paddy’s day.
Thanks for stopping by and don’t’ forget to wear green on the 17th.