Bacon jam adds a touch of sweetness to these Buttermilk Pancakes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 6 ounces Greek Yogurt, plain
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Bacon Jam
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, eggs, melted butter and bacon jam.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients; gently stir until just combined (batter should remain lumpy with a few streaks of flour). Do not over mix. Allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray (like Pam) over medium heat until shimmering.
- Using 1/8 cup measure, portion batter into pan
- Cook until edges are set, first side is golden brown, and bubbles on surface are just beginning to break, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a thin, wide spatula, flip pancakes and continue to cook until second side is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Serve pancakes immediately. Repeat with remaining batter, using remaining oil as needed.
I don’t make breakfast enough. So I made these for all of you.
I made these for all the pancakes lovers out there. I wanted to think outside the batter. So I threw in the bacon jam. And now the jar is empty and I hope I don’t crave these anytime soon.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.