Almond meal and lemon come together in this Lemony Almond Chicken recipe.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 Tablespoon lemon peel spice
- 1 Tablespoon California style garlic Powder
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt and the lemon juice
- in a separate bowl combine the almond meal, lemon peel spice, garlic powder and the salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a shallow pan.
- Layer first with the yogurt then with the almond meal mix
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I just get so giddy with excitement when I make a new dish and the hubby goes bonkers over it.
I mean, it amazes me to think that when I first started blogging he turned his nose up to almost all of my cooking.
You see, he worked long hours and was a single dad for 5 years before we met. In the most polite way possible, he would feign being full from a late lunch. Then he would secretly try to eat corned beef hash. But it stinks to high heaven and I would make a joke about how nice it was of him to make the dog a hot meal.
When he gobbled up my chicken dinner, it really made me happy.
Over the course of the 2 1/2 years of blogging, her now actually asks what we are having for dinner. Emphasis on the word “WE”.
I know you will love this one too.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.