Adding coffee to this Bacon Maple Quick Jam makes this brew sinfully delicious.
- 1 pound bacon, but into in inch pieces
- 2 shallots, cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 5 ounces fresh brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- In a frying pan, fry up the bacon on medium-high heat, about 20 minutes,stirring every now and then.
- Remove the bacon pieces onto a paper towel.
- Drain all the grease, but don’t wipe down the pan. (leave about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the grease.)
- Cook the garlic and shallots. until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coffee, sugar, vinegar, and syrup.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour into a slow cooker. Set to high for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, take a pair of scissors and chop the bacon into even smaller pieces.
- Pour into prepared jars. Cool completely, and refrigerate.
They are right.
Bacon makes everything taste better. But, adding the coffee to this quick jam is hot stuff.
The boys in this house are real bacon lovers. so it was a no brainer when I decided to make this last Sunday morning.
It literally woke everyone up. And who doesn’t want to wake up to the aroma of maple syrup and bacon anyway.
It’s truly best as soon as it’s done, but jar this sucker and warm it up a bit and put it on, well, just about anything.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.