Ditch the bottled syrups for this rich and velvety Homemade Mocha Syrup.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder (like Droste)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cup water
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Espresso powder
- In a large sauce pan, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into your jars.
I have made chocolate syrup, coffee syrup,and even ginger syrup so why not mocha syrup.
With the addition of a little bit of instant espresso powder makes this rich in chocolate but mild in coffee flavor.
It’s a great addition to plain yogurt. Add it to milk and serve it hot or cold. The possibilities are endless. Come back tomorrow to see my Mocha Milkshake recipe.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.