A touch of pink turns this rich mocha into a Red Velvet Latte.
- 6 ounces fresh brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- red food coloring
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Optional Whipped Cream and sprinkles
- In a small cup add the cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Mix into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a heavy sauce pan warm up the milk and the vanilla bean paste, just until it starts to steam.
- Add the cocoa paste and several drops of red food coloring and stir until completely combined.
- In a mug add the coffee and then the warmed milk mixture.
- Add the whipped cream if desired.
Somehow, some way, holidays or special occasions got commercialized. Flowers, candy, red hearts and romance. Is that what Valentine’s day is supposed to be about?
Shouldn’t we all step back and just simply make it a day where we can express our love without all the hype? I am a romantic at heart, but Valentine’s can be over the top. I never want my husband to take me out to dinner on such a commercialized, media hyped holiday. Buy me flowers because it’s Monday. Or leave me a love note just because, is much more romantic than any store-bought card, or roses on a day that takes advantage of all of us.
When the hubby and I were first dating, he went on a business trip and I was going to take care of his dogs while he was gone. When I arrived at his house, I walked into the kitchen where he left a package and fours cards with a note instructing me to only read one card each day. I was also instructed to open the package on the last day.
It was a thoughtful and romantic gesture. It made me feel extra special. And yes, I opened one card every day. Each card he had written a love note to me. On the last day, when I opened the package it was a heart-shaped crystal paper weight. It was beautiful and it touched my heart.
Simple gestures of love just like this red velvet latte would be all I need, if I knew that he made it just for me. The added touch of the pink is the extra in an ordinary cup of coffee.That’s what it should be about. So no matter if your loved one is near or far, make this day special in a simple way. You will be glad you did.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.