The pepitas, currants, and golden raisins add crunch and a bit of sweetness to this Winter Detox Salad.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 head of purple cabbage
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 4 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 4 Tablespoons Roasted Pepitas, unsalted
- 4 Tablespoons Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup Zante currants
- Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until chopped very fine. Empty out into a large bowl.
- Do the same with the cabbage.
- Depending on the size of your food processor you may have to work in batches.
- Next add the carrots and pulse until finely chopped and add to the bowl along with the cabbage and cauliflower.
- Give it a good stir to mix everything together.
- Stir in the parsley, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins and currants.
- Add one tablespoon of my [url href=”http://noshmyway.com/2014/01/10/shiro-miso-carrot-sesame-dressing-recipe/” title=”Shiro Miso Carrot and Sesame Dressing”]Shiro Miso Sesame Dressing[/url].
- Optional you can skip my salad dressing and just squeeze some lemon juice salt and pepper into the salad instead.
I think Detox goes hand in hand with the month of January. I posted two detox soups so far. My Spicy Green and my Vegetable Detox soups. I figured this was a great opportunity to come up with a detox salad. What an incredible combination of flavors in this salad.
Look for my post for the salad dressing that I used here, so you can make it too.