Rosemary pairs perfectly with the shredded three cheeses in this Rosemary and Three Cheese Quick Bread for a simple but memorable snack. Serve this alongside your detox soup h instead of crusty French Bread for an updated spin on weeknight dish.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried buttermilk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano and Asiago Cheese blend (I used Kraft)
- cheese + 2 tablespoons more (for the top)
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz) melted unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spritz a standard loaf pan with non stick spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, dried buttermilk and salt together in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in 2/3 cup of the cheese blend and the rosemary.
- Whisk the water, milk, eggs, and butter together in a small bowl.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until incorporated, being careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the loaf.
- Bake until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and onto a rack, sliding a knife around the edges to loosen the bread if necessary, and cool completely.
I baked. But I didn’t bake any desserts. Bread is good on occasion and tastes great with soup. So I had to bake this quick bread. I gotta tell you, I am glad that I did. So nice to bite into a piece of savory, warm, bread right from the oven.
So forgive me for baking, but at least it wasn’t a dessert.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.