This Chopped Winter Salad combines some of my favorite winter fruits and veggies into an incredible tasting salad.
- [b]SALAD INGREDIENTS[/b][br]
- 2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 large Fuji apple, halved, cored, diced
- 1 Asian pear, halved, cored, diced
- 1/8 cup dried blueberries
- [b]DRESSING INGREDIENTS[/b][br]
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, red cabbage, Fuji apple, Asian pear, and dried blueberries; toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to the salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide salad among plates.
So far, I am loving the extra healthy dishes I have made in the past couple of days. This one is no exception. I kept going back for more. I sort of grazed through this salad throughout the day.
I don’t know how it happened, but I was happy that I wasn’t grazing through desserts, or unhealthy snacks. It’s a positive start for me. I wanted to add pom seeds, but I didn’t have any so i just threw in the dried blueberries and I have to tell you, that burst of blueberry flavor was so delicious. Far better than pomegranate arils, in my humble opinion.
How is your New Year’s healthy eating going so far?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.