- 2 1/2 cups Hodgson Mill White Whole Wheat flour
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cherry flavored craisins
- 1/4 cup Zante currants
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 Tablespoon Dried buttermilk
- 1/2 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 oz. white chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom only of 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, dried buttermilk and salt; and whisk well.
- Stir in craisins and currants..
- In a separate small bowl, combine 3/4 cup half-and-half, orange peel and eggs; beat well. Add half-and-half mixture, melted butter and water to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run knife around edges of pan to loosen. Remove loaf from pan; place on wire rack.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine baking bar and 1 tablespoon of the half-and-half. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir until melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 to 20 seconds.
- With wire whisk, beat in powdered sugar until smooth. If necessary, add additional half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until of desired consistency. Spoon and spread icing over cooled loaf, allowing some to run down sides.
When you think of the holidays, what types of food quickly come up in your mind? I bet cranberries are just one of the many traditional holiday flavors. Me too. That’s why when I was asked to participate in the Hodgson Mill #HaveAGrainHoliday challenge, I was all over it.
They sent me a variety of flours to try out. One was a 5 lb. bag of their White Whole Wheat Flour.
I have been trying to figure what I can share with you that depicts the holidays as best as I can, using their whole wheat flour. It’s one of the best white whole wheat flours I have come across.
The awesome people of Hodgson Mill are giving out $1 off coupons good on any 5 lb bag of Hodgson Mill flour or cornmeal, click here. Plus, they are doing a 25 Days of GRAIN holiday sweepstakes. One winner will be selected to win every day for 25 days – winner’s choice of $25 worth of gluten-free products or an assortment of whole wheat baking mixes and flours.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.