Lightly roasted in olive oil and sea salt, this Warm Roasted Sweet Potato Salad has a crisp, dense texture and a slightly sweet fresh taste.
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3 cups lettuce greens,chopped
- 1/8 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes to a large baking pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and toss to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake for about 40 to 55 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and soft.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey and ½ tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, add them to a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce greens, green onions, cilantro and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the orange juice mixture to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Today’s post is part of the monthly themed recipe party called #TheSaladBar. Our hostess is Wendy from the Weekend Gourmet. Our ingredient theme this month is the Sweet Potato. .An excellent choice for the fall season.
And now it’s confession time. I despised sweet potatoes as a kid. I didn’t like them when mom made them for Thanksgiving. She basically opened a can of yams and heated them up with brown sugar and olive oil. But there was something about them that just didn’t appeal to me. I’m thinking there just wasn’t enough chocolate added. I was a picky eater and veggies were not my friend at all. Mom made mush of them and I didn’t like mush.
But several years ago, my friend order sweet potato fries and let me taste one. Um, let’s just say, I totally did not know what I was missing all these years.
So for those of you who are not a sweet potato fan. Try them again, you might just surprise yourself.
Enjoy the rest of the Sweet Potato Salad recipes!