After the hubby had been gone all week on a business trip, I asked him what he wanted to do on Saturday. His response was that he just wanted to stay home a relax. He is a lemon lover so I decided to start the day with a nice breakfast of Lemon Ricotta pancakes. But I didn’t have any ricotta in the fridge so I winged it and used plain Greek yogurt instead and came up with these fantastic Lemon Pancakes.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 ounces plain Greek Yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- zest of two lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about two lemons)
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- In one bowl combine the flour baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl,combine the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, egg and vanilla bean paste.
- The lemon and baking soda will make the batter bubble so work rather quickly to mix it up. I ended up adding another 2 teaspoons of milk to get it to have a pourable texture. so add the extra milk only if necessary.
- Pour the batter onto your hot griddle. Flip when they start to bubble. .
Light and fluffy. The start of a perfect Saturday.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.