It was early Sunday evening. I was chilling out on the couch playing Candy Crush Saga. Don’t judge me, please. The hubby still out playing afternoon golf. The house was relatively quite. A few barks now and then from Kona as she had been quite busy chasing away the wild turkeys that were in our back yard. Every now and then I would hear a cluck cluck from the turkeys that were annoyed by Kona.
I admit to being a bit lazy and as it started getting close to everyone coming home, I panicked. What about dinner? Oh Lord help me get this together I thought.
OMG I need a quick meal. Here is what I came up with — One Pot Penne
- 12 ounces penne
- 4 ounces Tomato Chutney
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Bunch Flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, parsley, oil, salt and the pepper in a large straight-sided skillet
- Add water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 10 minutes.
What ingredients would you use to make your one pot pasta?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.